Painting has become a passion of mine. I love to take a furniture piece and transform it into something completely different. Painting is also something that I wish I had more time to do. I am learning to schedule it into my day so that I can fully enjoy the process. Continue reading
One morning as I was getting ready for my day I opened my makeup drawer and thought, “WOW! This drawer looks awful”. As a personal organizer I would never allow a client to get away with such a mess. Continue reading
Out with the old year, in the with the new! As we say goodbye to 2016, there is no better time to declutter your home and life. It always feels so good to start fresh in the new year with some organization! We have compiled a list of 30 things that you can purge during the month of January, or whenever you have the time. Hope this helps spark some ideas of ways you can get control of your clutter as you go into 2017!
Happy New Year! Ok, so… now what? Should I start making my 2017 resolutions – resolutions I probably won’t keep for more than a week or 2, if I’m lucky?! I think this year instead of setting myself up for failure, I am going to really think about what is going to benefit me. Continue reading
During the craziness of the Christmas break, I took my daughter, Olivia, and my Spanish daughter, Cristina, to see the new movie Sing. By the way, it is a great movie that I would highly recommend. While watching the movie, a few times I caught myself wanting to applaud the performance. Then remembering it wasn’t a concert and people might stare at me if I started to clap. So I refrained from embarrassing my daughter and kept my hands quiet. 🙂 Continue reading
Hello, December! This is the time for snowmen, holiday parties, Christmas shopping, and the hustle & bustle of the season. This is also the time for giving; but rather than giving material things, let’s focus on and challenge ourselves to give the gift of kindness. The perfect way to do this is by demonstrating random acts of kindness throughout the month. Doing one kind act a day will do more good than you can possibly imagine; not just for the recipient, but for you as well.
A quote from the 14th Dalai Lama says it perfectly:
“When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.”
Lindsay and I would like to suggest 25 different “Acts of Kindness” that you can do every day leading up to Christmas, or come up with your own. Join us starting today! Be sure to share your stories with us throughout December!
- Smile at a stranger.
- Do something kind for yourself.
- Let someone ahead of you in line.
- Leave a treat for your mail carrier.
- Open the door for someone.
- Donate clothes to a shelter.
- Return lost shopping carts in the parking lot.
- Leave a loving note for your child or children.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter as a dog walker.
- Feed a stranger’s parking meter.
- Baby sit for a friend who needs a night off.
- Feed the birds.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Take donations to an animal shelter.
- Send an email to someone just to say “hi”.
- Invite friends over for dinner.
- Handwrite a note to someone special in your life.
- Wrap presents for a friend.
- Donate a Christmas gift to a child in need.
- Deliver cocoa to a friend.
- Leave cookies at a neighbor’s home.
- Leave a loving note for your partner.
- Deliver Christmas cards to an elderly home.
- Donate books to a library.
- Enjoy Family Time… no cell phones.
To help you, our new readers, get to know each of us better, we thought it would be fun to tell you about some of our favorite things that excite us, motivate us, or keep us going. We’ll call this Favorite Things, Volume 1, as there are sure to be more to share with you down the road! Continue reading