This is a simple Valentine craft with adorable results. I love crafts that don’t take a lot of time and effort but still can be gifted and put a smile on someone’s face. Plus I am super thrifty so I love a craft that doesn’t break the bank. These jars would be perfect for your child’s school teacher or your bestie – let’s face it, anyone would love this Valentine treat…. it’s chocolate!! Continue reading
Happy New Year! Ok, so… now what? Should I start making my 2017 resolutions – resolutions I probably won’t keep for more than a week or 2, if I’m lucky?! I think this year instead of setting myself up for failure, I am going to really think about what is going to benefit me. Continue reading
Please join us as we bring in the new year by officially launching our blog, Creativity Between Friends! We look forward to bringing you lots of fun and creative ideas, recipes, DIYs, travel highlights and more! Follow us on our adventures as we hope to inspire our readers to do life creatively! Here’s to new dreams coming true in 2017!!
~ Lindsay & Tori
Need a last minute treat to bring to your holiday gatherings this weekend? Here’s a super, simple one for you that is always a big hit! My favorite combo: simple and yummy!
You will be the envy of your friends and family when you tell them these ornaments are handmade by YOU! They are super simple but add a unique touch to any tree. Great for gifts or as a package topper! Imagine all of the possibilities, not even just for the holidays!
Hello, December! This is the time for snowmen, holiday parties, Christmas shopping, and the hustle & bustle of the season. This is also the time for giving; but rather than giving material things, let’s focus on and challenge ourselves to give the gift of kindness. The perfect way to do this is by demonstrating random acts of kindness throughout the month. Doing one kind act a day will do more good than you can possibly imagine; not just for the recipient, but for you as well.
A quote from the 14th Dalai Lama says it perfectly:
“When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.”
Lindsay and I would like to suggest 25 different “Acts of Kindness” that you can do every day leading up to Christmas, or come up with your own. Join us starting today! Be sure to share your stories with us throughout December!
- Smile at a stranger.
- Do something kind for yourself.
- Let someone ahead of you in line.
- Leave a treat for your mail carrier.
- Open the door for someone.
- Donate clothes to a shelter.
- Return lost shopping carts in the parking lot.
- Leave a loving note for your child or children.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter as a dog walker.
- Feed a stranger’s parking meter.
- Baby sit for a friend who needs a night off.
- Feed the birds.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Take donations to an animal shelter.
- Send an email to someone just to say “hi”.
- Invite friends over for dinner.
- Handwrite a note to someone special in your life.
- Wrap presents for a friend.
- Donate a Christmas gift to a child in need.
- Deliver cocoa to a friend.
- Leave cookies at a neighbor’s home.
- Leave a loving note for your partner.
- Deliver Christmas cards to an elderly home.
- Donate books to a library.
- Enjoy Family Time… no cell phones.
This is a fun & easy tutorial to kick off your holiday season. This lighted garland will look fabulous draped on your mantel or anywhere you want to add some extra sparkle to your holiday decor! Continue reading