This is a simple Valentine craft with adorable results. I love crafts that don’t take a lot of time and effort but still can be gifted and put a smile on someone’s face. Plus I am super thrifty so I love a craft that doesn’t break the bank. These jars would be perfect for your child’s school teacher or your bestie – let’s face it, anyone would love this Valentine treat…. it’s chocolate!!
Jar # 1 Supplies:
- Mason jar (whatever size you’d like)
- Heart-shaped chocolates
- Craft doily
- Heart punch
- Red-foiled cardstock
- Glue dots
- White cardstock & circle punch to fit lid (optional)
- Valentine stamp and red ink for lid (optional)
- Fill the mason jar with the chocolates.
- Punch a heart out of the red-foiled cardstock. Then using glue dots (or the adhesive of your choice), adhere the punched heart onto the craft doily.
- Position and adhere the craft doily where you’d like it on the side of the jar.
- Simply wrap the twine around the jar a few times and tie a knot to secure it in place. Snip off any extra twine.
- Optional step – Stamp a Valentine sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock. Then punch the sentiment out using a circle punch. Adhere the circle to the lid of the mason jar with glue dots.
Jar # 2 Supplies:
- Mason jar (I used a smaller size for this one)
- M&Ms in Valentine colors (red, pink and white)
- Pink or Red ribbon (I used Stampin’ Up! Primrose Petals)
- Circle punch to fit the lid of your mason jar (mine is 2.5”)
- Valentine-themed cardstock
- Glue dots
- Fill the jar with the Valentine M&M’s, layering by color. I started with the red on the bottom, followed by the dark pink, light pink and white being the last layer at the top.
- Tie your ribbon into a bow around the lid of the jar.
- Punch a circle out of the Valentine cardstock. Then adhere the circle to the lid of the mason jar with glue dots.
And that’s it! Once you have all of your supplies ready to go, you’ll be amazed how quickly these adorable jars can be put together. Happy crafting!