I thought I’d share this recipe that is a favorite of all in our house. Who doesn’t love pasta?! Who doesn’t love tacos?! I know this sounds like crazy talk but…. what if you combined them??? Flavor explosion!!! Run, don’t walk, to your grocery store so you can make this yummy dinner tonight!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 8-12 ounces medium pasta shells (or your favorite pasta will work)
- 1 small onion, chopped (I used onion powder because it’s what I had)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp of the kind in a jar)
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with or without mild green chilies depending on how much spice you like
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground meat until no longer pink. Add the chopped onion a few minutes before it’s cooked through. Drain the meat and then mix in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and reserved pasta water. Continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Toss in cilantro right before serving, if desired.