This is a fun & easy tutorial to kick off your holiday season. This lighted garland will look fabulous draped on your mantel or anywhere you want to add some extra sparkle to your holiday decor!
- Clear Mini Lights (100 light count)
- 2.5” burlap ribbon
- Red & Green soft ribbon (a pattern of your choice)
*Note: If you look closely, you can see I went back and added a solid green ribbon (not included in the materials photo), too. I felt like it was needed to fill some gaps. I am much happier with it after that added detail.
- Cut the burlap into 8-10” pieces. Then cut each strip vertically, otherwise the strips are a bit too wide for the garland.
- Cut the patterned ribbon into 8-10” pieces. The ribbon I used didn’t need to be cut vertically. The width worked fine for the garland. You be the judge for the ribbon you choose.
- Now start tying the strips into knots onto the wire, in between the lights. I tied each strip once, not double-knotted.
- Alternate the ribbons and continue until the entire wire of lights is covered.